The new TRC DataCenter is based on the Filemaker Pro platform and requires that Filemaker Pro v.9 or later be installed in order to access and use the system.
Files for download
Note: These are not links to the DataCenter application itself. These are only links to the Filemaker software necessary to run the DataCenter application. Access information for the DataCenter will be included in a separate article.
Note: This documentation only covers the installation and basic operation of the Filemaker software. Specific DataCenter "how to" documentation will be released separately.
The TRC is providing one (1) Filemaker Pro license to each collaboraitve. This license information will be emailed individually to each Project Director. Any copies of Filemaker Pro purchases separately will come with its own license information.
Make sure the Mac or PC you plan to install this software on meets the following minimum requirements
Windows minimum requirements
- Windows Vista Home, Business, or Ultimate: Pentium III 800 MHz or faster with 512 MB RAM
- Windows XP SP2: Pentium III 500 MHz or faster with 256 MB RAM
- SVGA (800x600) or higher resolution video adapter and display
Mac OS X minimum requirements
- Macintosh computer with PowerPC G3 processor or faster, or Intel-based Macintosh computer
- QuickTime 6.4 to 7 software (available at www.apple.com if it was not included with your Mac OS version)
- The installation process is fairly straightforward and documentation is provided for assistance, however, if you feel uncomfortable adding software to your system, then you may wish to ask your IT or Tech Support staff for assistance.
- Due to local IT policy, some users will be required to seek the assistance of their IT or Tech Support staff.
- The license provided by the TRC is good for one (1) installation of the Filemaker software only. Please do not attempt to install this software on multiple computers using the same license key.
- When installation the software, you will be required to enter a valid license number and the name or the organization to which the license is registered. The license number will be sent to each collaborative via email. The organization which must be used to register is: UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS. You must use that organization name in place of the name of your own organization when registering using the TRC provided license. (This only applies to the TRC provided license.)
- The TRC is providing each collaborative with one (1) Filemaker license. Each collaborative will be responsible for purchasing any additional licenses that are required.
- Before purchasing additional Filemaker licenses, check with your IT staff. Many institutions already use Filemaker and have licenses available for request. Of course, this may vary from collaborative to collaborative.
- Users who are already using Filemaker for other applications may be able to use that installation for accessing and running the DataCenter application, thus saving their TRC provided license for an additional installation. Using an existing Filemaker installation may require upgrading to the latest version of FIlemaker. The DataCenter requires Filemaker version 9 or later. If you do not know which version of Filemaker you are running, check with your IT or Tech Support staff. They may be able to provide you with the upgrade license free of charge.
- If you are planning to purchase addtional Filemaker licenses, please note that Filemaker does offer educational discounts as well as volume discounts. The full retail price of Filemaker is usually about $299, but the educational price tends to be around $179. Filemaker usually provides discounts on purchases of five (5) or more licenses.