The Quick Help guides are designed to give easy step-by-step information for performing common tasks in the DataCenter. For more in depth explainations or questions, please consult the main DataCenter Documentation
.Find other Quick Help Guides here
Create a New Training Event
1. Click the Training Event tab at the top of the screen. If haven't created any Events yet, the system will ask if that's what you want to do. If you have you'll be taken to the Training Events Detail screen.
2. If you're taken to the Training Events Detail screen, then click the [New Event] button at the bottom of the screen. This will present you with a blank record.
3. Fill in the information for the Event. Paying close attention to these fields:
Event Type: The Event Type must be set to either Math or Science.
Member Types: Your choices in this area determine which Participants are able to be credited with this Training Event. If you want everyone--just click all the boxes.
Hours: Be sure to fill in this box before you begin adding Participants to the event, otherwise they might not be given proper credit.
Event Date: You can use the handy pop-up calendar to select the date. Just click the calendar icon.
Adding Participants to a Training Event
Once you've filled in the top portion of the event, you'll notice a list of available Participants in the gray area in the lower section of the screen. This list is in alphabetical order by last name.
1. Click the name of each Participant you wish to add to the event. As you choose names, they will disappear from the list.
2. If you wish to simply add all the names in the list to the event, click the [Select All] button below the gray box.
3. To remove a participant from an Event, click the red
delete icon next to their name. They will then return to the list in the gray box.
4. If you need to modify the hours of an attendee (they only came to one day of a two day event) you may do so in the Training tab of their Participant record.