The Quick Help guides are designed to give easy step-by-step information for performing common tasks in the DataCenter. For more in depth explainations or questions, please consult the main DataCenter Documentation
The lookup and pre-filling of School information is probably the most time-saving parts of the DataCenter. It's also the most complex. So when a Participant has changed schools since the last time the TEA Master List was updated, it takes a few extra steps to change that Participant's school information.
= Public schools and educational institutions (Charter Schools, etc.) which are tracked by the TEA.Non-TEA School
= Private and other educational institutions which are not tracked by the TEA and therefor do not appear in the TEA's database.
Changing to a TEA School
If the Particiapnt you entered is listed with incorrect or non-existent School information and they teach at a TEA School, follow these steps.
1. Click the [Change School (TEA)] button next to the School/Campus name field.
2. The Change School pop-up will appear
3. Follow the 1-2-3 instructions in the pop-up to select and change to the correct school.
NOTE: When the pop-up first opens, it much pre-populate the select box with school names, this may take a little time depending on the speed of your network connection and how busy the server is at that time. Please be patient.
1. Once the list has loaded, start typing in the school you are looking for. The list will narrow as you type.
2. When you find the correct school, click the [Select] button to select that school
3. Click the [Confirm] button to make your choice and close the pop-up.
4. You will now see that the Participant's School and District information have been updated.